Director of Admissions Allen University
Allen University invites applications for the position of Director of Admissions. Reporting to the
Dean for Enrollment Management, the Director will be responsible for the strategic development, implementation, tracking, and evaluation of all University activities in student recruitment and enrollment.
The Position: The Director’s position will require both broad oversight as well as a hands-on management style, including a working knowledge of current best-practices in student recruitment, data-driven admissions forecasting, strategic management of financial aid and financial aidleveraging practices, and exceptional CRM expertise. Collaboration throughout the University on all matters concerning enrollment of first-time freshmen and transfer students is required.
Qualifications: To be considered for the position of Director of Admissions, the ideal candidate should have a Master’s degree, six (6) years of progressive admissions responsibilities, extensive leadership experience in admissions within an enrollment management partnership environment, and a sophisticated understanding of enrollment strategies, market research, social media, admissions, financial aid, and student information systems. Analytical ability, excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills with faculty, students, alumni, and administrators across the entire University community is important. Additional qualifications include the following:
- Excellent customer service skills
- A valid driver’s license and exemplary driving record
- Evidence of strong organizational abilities, time management and attention to details
- Ability to organize and manage multiple duties simultaneous
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage professional staff and administrative staff
- Oversee the recruitment, admission, marketing, and communications effort for eachincoming undergraduate class
- Collaborate with the Dean of Enrollment Management in devising and planning tacticsand campaigns to support execution of recruitment strategies.
- Execute the recruitment plan efficiently and effectively.
- Assist in the creation and monitoring of enrollment goals and objectives.
- Meet with prospective Allen College students.
- Host recruitment events (on and off campus) for prospective students.
- Participate in the development of promotional materials.
- Represent the University at recruitment events on and off campus including AdmittedStudents Days, National Portfolio Days, college fairs and highs schools.
- Other duties as assigned