EDA and HBCUs: Cultivating Strategic Engagement for Regional Economic Development
The Economic Development Administration (EDA), in collaboration with the White House Initiative on Historically Black Colleges and Universities (The Initiative) and the National Association of Development Organizations (NADO), invites you to participate in its upcoming webinar presentation:
EDA and HBCU: Cultivating Strategic Engagement
for Regional Economic Development
EDA’s webinar presentation is an extension of the White House National HBCU Week and Conference that was held virtually from September 21 – 25. It is designed to provide the HBCU community with valuable information describing EDA tools, programs, and partners, and how HBCUs can effectively engage with these to support the development of inclusive, innovative, and competitive regional economies. At the end of the one-hour panel discussion, EDA and HBCU presenters will participate in a 30-minute Q&A session with audience members. Registrants are invited and encouraged to submit questions in advance for the Q&A session to EDA at email@example.com.
This webinar, along with any resulting collaboration with EDA and its other regional partners, is intended primarily for HBCU personnel and leadership whose roles and responsibilities include economic and community development programming and strategic planning. You are asked to share this information with any of your colleagues whom you feel would benefit from this presentation.
Please use the following links to register for an event in your region. Each HBCU is strongly encouraged to register for the regional event that includes its home state. NOTE: HBCUs located in Ohio and Missouri may register for any of the following regional presentations.
HBCU’s within EDA’s Austin Region Click Here to register:
- Thursday, November 12 at 3:00 – 4:30 pm EST
- EDA’s Austin Region includes the States of Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana
HBCU’s within EDA’s Atlanta Region Click Here to register:
- Tuesday, November 17 at 1:00 – 2:30 pm EST
- EDA’s Atlanta Region includes the States of Kentucky, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Mississippi, Alabama, U.S. Virgin Islands
HBCU’s within EDA’s Philadelphia Region Click Here to register:
- Wednesday, November 18, 2:00 – 3:30 pm EST
- EDA’s Philadelphia Region includes the States of Virginia, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, and the District of Columbia