Minority Broadband Initiative
Promoting HBCU competitiveness for USDA broadband funding
September 1 through 17, 2020, NTIA’s Minority Broadband Initiative and USDA’s Rural Utilities Service developed and conducted a 6-part technical assistance webinar series to promote HBCU competitiveness for USDA broadband funding for the Distance Learning & Telemedicine, Community Connect, and Reconnect programs.
The webinars provided valuable guidance on the grants application process, narrative preparation, and what to include in the applicant’s budget/financials statement. There was also a session on the USDA mapping tool that applicants must use and one on examples of success stories.
Please see the following links for the September USDA/NTIA HBCU Technical Assistance Webinar series. All links are 508 compliant with captioning and can be posted to your websites.
- September 1, 2020 Introduction to USDA Telecommunication Programs
- September 3, 2020 Community Connect
- September 8, 2020 ReConnect Program Overview
- September 10, 2020 Distance Learning & Telemedicine (DLT) Grant Program Overview
- September 15, 2020 Telecom Program Mapping Tools
- September 17, 2020 Success Stories and Lessons Learned