HBCU Faculty Application – #AWP23 HBCU Fellowship Program
By: U.S. Department of Education
To invite strong HBCU participation within AWP, they will award faculty and student fellowships to attend and participate in every annual AWP Conference & Bookfair. These fellowships will kick off with the 2023 AWP Conference & Bookfair in Seattle, Washington!
The #AWP23 HBCU Fellowships will be offered to two faculty members. The fellowships include:
- A $4,000 honorarium
- Paid travel expenses and lodging for the duration of the conference
- Meeting and discussion with special guest author A.J. Verdelle
- Publication in The Writer’s Chronicle regarding their #AWP23 experience
In order to be eligible for these fellowships, applicants must be:
- Active HBCU faculty (part or full-time)
- Available to travel to Seattle for March 7-12, 2023
- Willing to serve as a mentor to two student fellowship recipients each for the duration of the conference
They are currently only accepting applications for faculty fellows. Applications for student fellows will open in November 2022.
They use Submittable to accept and review our submissions.