By: U.S. Department of Education
- Audience: HBCU & MSI students of all majors
- Information Site: Learn more and apply here
- Information Session: Mondays and Wednesdays, 12:00-1:00 PM CDT | Join Here
- Fall 2023 Application Window: August 7 – October 16
- Contact: HQ-MITTIC@mail.nasa.gov
NASA MITTIC is seeking teams of 3-6 HBCU and/or MSI students from all fields of study with faculty PIs to rise to the challenge of creating new and innovative “spinoff” technologies to benefit your campus, community, and the world. Multi-disciplinary teams are needed to leverage their diverse perspectives, creativity, communication, and technical skills to develop a new product using NASA Intellectual Property. By engaging the entrepreneurial spirit of the Artemis Generation, this #SpaceToPitch offers students a chance to develop their own “spinoff” idea into a lucrative business opportunity in the future.
Prizes for the 2023 competition include:
- 1stPlace – $20,000 prize, VIP Trip to NASA Ames Research Center, and a $2,500 stipend for faculty PI sponsor.
- 2ndPlace – $10,000 prize and a $2,500 stipend for faculty PI sponsor.
- All Selected Teams – Exclusive tour of NASA Johnson Space Center, professional coaching from industry experts on concept development and pitching techniques, and other networking with NASA and industry leaders in research and innovation.