Do you love working in an academic environment? Do you love working around students, as well as recruiting prospective students in helping to shape the future? If so, we have the job for you! Shaw University is looking for a Full-Time Adult Degree Program Campus Recruiter/Coordinator – Fayetteville/Wilmington. Reporting to the Vice-President & Chief Operating Officer or designee, the Adult Degree Program Campus Recruiter/Coordinator is primarily responsible for enrollment growth, student retention, and graduation rates at Adult Degree Program campuses. Successful candidates will have a demonstrated track record of excellence in new student recruitment, retention initiatives, and developing strong, meaningful community partnerships. The successful Recruiter/Coordinator will engage with North Carolina Community Colleges, school districts, businesses, churches, and local organizations to increase the visibility of each campus, and the University in the marketplace. The nature and diversity of the job require specific interest, dedication, and commitment to the unique educational needs and motivations of the adult learner.
In support of the University’s established strategic goals, priorities, and objectives the Coordinator will:
- Actively ensure that a quality and professional image are consistently projected on behalf of the entire University at each Adult Degree Program campus.
- Proactively recruit new students and retain current students to meet/exceed established admissions goals for the geographical and online markets.
- Provides admissions/recruitment presentations at on-campus and off-campus events
- Proactively engage with campus constituents to meet/exceed established retention/enrollment goals.
- Ensure quality programs and services are provided at each campus location.
- Proactively engage with campus constituents to continually improve student satisfaction.
- Engages alumni volunteers to assist in local, regional, and national recruitment
- Effectively and accurately anticipate campus needs and requirements to align resources and services to support campus constituents.
- Provide regular reporting on all campus activities, including admissions, retention, and enrollment.
- Meet at least once each semester with new and continuing students to provide Shaw University orientations, updates, or new resources consistent with their educational goals.
- Assist students in identifying a program of study consistent with their goals and interests.
- Determines with full authority and independent discretion the student type and process that is applicable to each individual circumstance and implements the correct process determined for each student.
- Advises prospective students concerning admissions policies and requirements while accentuating the positive aspects of the University’s academic programs and
- Inform and, if necessary, refer students to other institutional resources when academic, attendance or other challenges require intervention by other professionals. (i.e., Office of Academic Affairs, Title IX Coordinator, Personal Counseling, etc.)
- Meet with students during orientation to assist with initial adjustments and concerns related to attending college as an adult learner.
- Interprets policies and procedural requirements of the Adult Degree Program.
- Other duties as assigned. Note: This job description is not intended to provide all duties that may be required of the position, as other duties may be required of this position.
Education and/or Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Business (or related) required; Master’s preferred.
- 2 or more years of prior experience in sales, student recruitment, or enrollment management preferred.
- 1 to 3 years’ experience with accelerated and online degree programs and adult learners preferred.
- At least 1 year of experience with new student recruitment, retention initiatives, admissions, financial aid, sales, customer service, and enrollment management preferred.
- Knowledge of business operations in higher education.
- Computer skill proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Jenzabar, and Excel software.
Must have a philosophy that is consistent with the Mission, Vision and Core Values of the organization. Vision, commitment, and experience in achieving goals and pursuing excellence are critical. Strong oral and written presentation skills. Ability to work well independently and as a member of a team. Excellence in the organization, decision-making, problem-solving, and creating a collaborative environment. Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. Must be able to read, write and speak fluently in English.
Any travel or relocation expenses are the sole responsibility of the applicant.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Bachelors or better in Business Administration or related field.
Masters or better in Business Administration or related field.
1 year: Experience with new student recruitment, retention initiatives, admissions, financial aid, sales, customer service, and enrollment management preferred
1-3 years: Experience with accelerated and online degree programs and adult learners preferred
1-2 years: Prior experience in sales, student recruitment, or enrollment management preferred