TSU marketing students closed out March and brought in April competing successfully in the 2023 American Marketing Association International Collegiate Conference. The conference was held in New Orleans. At the conference, students participated and earned honors, including:
- 3rd place – Educational Value in Exhibit Competition (out of 50)
- 2nd place/Outstanding Recognition in Marketing Week Activities
- 2 students selected to be among 54 finalists for the Perfect Pitch competition out of more than 350 participants
- Jazmyn Blake won a $1,000 Diversity Leadership Scholarship
- Inducteded in the Platinum Circle International Top Small Chapter of the year, and will retain the title Top Chapter of the Year for 2023-2024 affording the privilege to serve as a host chapter for the 46th International Collegiate Conference next year
In addition, TSU alumnus Jakeim Jackson Bell was featured as a guest speaker. He is the Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Outreach Manager for the Milwaukee Bucks.
The TSU AMA is the current 2022 Top Small Chapter of the Year earning the chapter members to serve as session leaders, presenters, and moderators during the conference.