By: U.S. Department of Education
The Office of Human Resource Solutions of the Small Business Administration is seeking an Human Resources Specialist for a temporary assignment (Term of employment is for up to one year with the option of extending the appointment for up to one additional year). This position is located in SBA HQ, individuals are expected to be physical present in the workplace on a daily basis. During the current COVID-19 protocols, individuals will be required to report to the office at least 2-days per pay period.
This position will support the agency’s Labor Relations activities at the national/agency-wide level. Some of the typical work assignments may include:
- Assist in the day-to-day operations of the Office of National Labor Relations (ONLR) by performing a wide variety of technical and administrative activities and other related work as required. This position will support the ONLR departmental staff.
- Prepare case files, both hard copy and electronic, coordinate and track deadlines, and develop reports in support of ONLR.
- Individual must be able to create, copy, edit, store, retrieve and print a variety of documents; compose routine correspondence, memoranda, directives, forms reports; create or maintain spreadsheets and databases both electronically and hardcopy.
- Assist in performing research of regulations in support of labor relations activities
Candidate must possess:
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing;
- Clerical and organizational skills for a fast-paced, confidential environment, which requires a multi-tasking professional team player;
- Lifting, copying, scanning and other office tasks that may require standing for a period of time.
- Individual must be proficient with Microsoft Office Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams and Adobe Acrobat